I woke up this morning feeling not so great. Whatever sickness my youngest son has been dealing with he has passed on to me. So I declared it a "No Chore Saturday" (because strangely enough, trying to get my kids to do their chores is almost as hard as just doing them myself, and today I just didn't have the energy.) But my younger daughter, who normally complains the most about doing chores, asked if she could vacuum. I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I got the vacuum out for her and she happily vacuumed the front room (with sunglasses on?). She also went on to help clean up the kitchen and empty the dishwasher. She eventually discovered that everyone else was playing instead of cleaning so she went to join them. So the rest of the house remained in it's very messy state, but "No Chore Saturday" turned out much better than I thought it would.
